Being a pubgoing,loose and forward woman its of course my duty to inform the 3 people left on the planet who are not aware of the Pink Chaddi movement.
Tag Archives: Valentine’s Day
According to TOI
On Wednesday afternoon, Rashtriya Hindu Sena chief Pramod Mutalik went into a huddle with his band of supporters and declared war on what he called “anti-Indian” practices. The Sene asked the government, heads of educational institutions and the police to discourage this “Christian practice of celebrating Valentine’s Day’’.
* Sene to submit memorandum to government to ban celebrations
* Write letters to colleges, hotels and greeting card shop owners not to promote V-Day on their premises
* Ask colleges to take strict action against students who celebrate
* In Bangalore, to protest before restaurants in prime areas promoting V-Day
* Tie-or-die is still the Sri Rama Sene’s slogan — firming up plans to marry off dating couples, they said it will have to be either the knot or the rakhi
* Sene has formed five teams comprising a number of members
* They will roam around Bangalore, holding a video camera and a turmeric stub
* On spotting young couples dating, they will be forced to tie the knot, not on the spot, but in a temple
* The couples would be taken to a sub-registrar’s office to solemnize the marriage
* In case they are brothers and sisters, they will be forced to tie a rakhi
* However, the Sene is silent on married couples. “In that case we cannot do anything,” Muthalik said
ROSES AND THORNS
Muthalik’s response to Renuka Chowdhury’s comments on his bachelorhood and ignorance of love: “Being a bachelor does not mean that I do not know anything about love. I am born in a cultured family. I love my parents, sisters and brothers. I welcome her to Bangalore on February 14, as she intends to come here.”
However, he did not comment on whether he would accept a rose given by Renuka with sisterly affection, if she were to.
DRESSING DOWN FOR GIRLS?
Girls are free to wear anything they like. I have never commented about the dress code.
Thank God for Rashtriya Hindu Sena!
No more unneccessary kharcha on V-Day presents. In fact no more outrageously priced western wear, I mean why take the risk?From now on Khadi sarees for yours truly. But wouldnt a saree be easier to tear off by a violent mob?Not to mention more difficult to flee in? But I guess being true sons of soil and highest in upholding the Indian traditions they would be in white starched dhotis and hence be restricted in speed.
I like the “Tie or Die” bit too much. Would it be too Machiavilian to lure the underaged,unwilling to settle down now BF and stun the only our-religion-our-caste-our-subcaste parents by jhat magni phat byah?
I think am beginning to like this Sena..
PS: Its one thing to protest and quite another to fight off a frenzied mob. So please do take care.